2022-2024 Strategic Plan
Latest update presented at the January 29, 2023 Annual Meeting.
We are in the process of right-sizing our ministry for the church God has given us right now, and giving ourselves capacity for the future ministry God will call us to. We seek to continue to foster a culture of togetherness, innovation and GRACE. As Lutherans, we are grateful for the ways God shows up for us and with us, and in turn, we show up for and with each other.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
Build community within and outside of Salem
- Strengthen bonds and unity of identity among members.
- Communicate effectively with members & neighbors about who we are and how we partner.
- Partner with neighbors to improve our sense of community with the local area.
Innovate for being the (relevant) church in this time and place
- To exercise our awareness of the Holy Spirit, try experiments regularly, ready to fail or succeed, taking time to reflect and assess periodically.
- Seek to connect with those who are not yet connected with us in our neighborhood.
- Improve our ability to connect on the web via livestream worship and other communication methods.
- Be willing to have difficult conversations across differences (Matthew 18:15-21).
Clarify team and volunteer processes
- Invite the congregation and staff into a culture of church that focuses on team ministry and trying new things.
- Create responsive roles & team structure to changing paradigms of volunteerism.
- Nurture a culture of gratitude for gifts and volunteer time.
Hang tight while we prepare your form...
This form may capture sensitive data (credit cards, bank accounts…), yet this site isn’t sufficiently secured.
Please contact the site administrator to resolve this issue. He must enable SSL.
This form failed to load. Try reloading this page.
The server may be having issues, or this website’s administrator may have deleted the form.